Champions League Final - Real Madrid v Juventus...
Friday 2nd June 2017
In your Across the Leagues - EXTRA email today:
- Full Champions League Final preview…
- Your Top-Rated bets for Real v Juve…
As one-off games go, they don’t come much bigger than the Champions League Final on Saturday night.
And with that in mind, here’s your comprehensive preview of the ‘big one’…
Real Madrid v Juventus
Real Madrid 17/10 (2.70) Draw 21/10 (3.10) Juventus 19/10 (2.90)
To Lift the Trophy:
Real Madrid 5/6 (1.83) Juventus Evens (2.00)
This season’s Final is an intriguing one. On one hand, we have the tournament’s top scorers Real Madrid; on the other, Juventus, the team with the best defensive record.
Reigning champions Madrid are the slight favourites in the betting – but no team has ever won back-to-back Champions League trophies.
*** ENHANCED PRICE ON REAL MADRID ***
If you’re looking for an eye-catching price on Real to make history then the 20/1 Enhanced Odds on them to lift the trophy looks one of the best offers available this weekend – you can get that special price with Coral.
First up, let’s take a closer look at both teams’ season long trends in the competition…
- Real Madrid are the top-scoring team in the competition (averaging 2.7 Goals For per game), have had More Attempts and More Attempts On Target than any other team. Over 2.5 Goals bets have paid out in 100% of their games – 12 out of 12
- Real Madrid are averaging 1.3 Yellow Cards For per Champions League game. Bets on their opponents to win the Most Bookings have paid out in 75%of Real Madrid games – 9 out of 12. Real Madrid have Suffered More Fouls than any other Champions League team this season
- Cristiano Ronaldo is Real Madrid’s top scorer, with 10 goals in 12 Champions League games this season
Now for Juve...
- Juventus have the best defensive record in the competition, conceding an average of just 0.25 Goals per game (just 3 goals conceded in 12 games). Bets on Juventus to keep a Clean Sheet have paid out in 75% of games – 9 out of 12
- Juventus have committed More Fouls than any team in the competition (average of 14 Fouls Committed per game)
- Opponents won the Most Corners, home and away, in both of Juve’s Quarter Final and Semi Final matches
- Gonzalo Higuainis the top Juventus scorer in the Champions League this season, with 5 goals in 11 games
Top-Rated bets for the Final...
The stats make a solid case for these bet opportunities on Saturday night…
Over 2.5 Goals – As stated above, Real Madrid are prolific for this bet (100%). And while Juventus have the best defence on paper, it’s worth pointing out the last four meetings between these sides (2013/14 and 2014/15 seasons) have all seen Both Teams to Score bets come in, with 3 out of 4 payouts for Over 2.5 Goals.
Madrid have awesome firepower, but have also only managed to keep one Clean Sheet in 12 Champions League games. The bookies have the Over 2.5 Goals option as the underdog in the Under/ Over market at 5/4+ (2.25+), but I prefer backing Both Teams to Score at 19/20 (1.95). That bet has paid out in 9 of the last 11 Champions League Finals.
CARDS & BOOKING POINTS:
Team with Most Cards/ Booking Points – Juventus – Opponents have landed this bet in 9 of Real Madrid’s 12 games, and Madrid haven’t got the Most Cards or Booking Points in any of those 4 most recent meetings with Juventus.
The Italians have committed the Most Fouls in the competition, and look a decent pick for the most Cards or Booking Points in the Final. Juventus are 11/10 (2.10) with Betway to get the Most Booking Points – I was expecting to see them shorter than that…
Most Corners – Real Madrid– Madrid have landed this bet in 7 of their last 10 Champions League games, and Juve have been ‘out-cornered’ in their 4 most recent games in the competition.
Stan James are offering 8/11 (1.73) for Real Madrid to win the Most Corners. Those odds only suggest a 57% chance of Madrid landed that bet, but the stats say the Spanish side are more likely to do it than that.
Cristiano Ronaldo is the main man of course, and it’s also worth pointing out that he’s scored 5 of Madrid’s last 6 goals against Juventus – landing Anytime Scorer bets in all 4 games and First Scorer bets in 2 of the 4. Odds of 6/5 (2.20) to score Anytime and 7/2 (4.50) to score First are actually better than you usually get for Ronaldo.
And if you’re looking for more of a long-shot in front of goal – with stats to back it up – then Real defender Sergio Ramos is the one to watch.... Ramos found the net at 8/1 (9.00) in the 2014 Champions League Final. And with 10 goals this season he’s got a pretty noteworthy record for a defender (it’s worth noting his goals are often headers). He’s 8/1 (9.00) again in the Anytime Scorer market, and a 20/1 (21.00) outsider to be the First Scorer.
Enjoy the Final!
I’ll be back in touch next week…
Across the Leagues Extra