Your free guide to the standout stats in Spain...
Wednesday 10th June 2020
In your Across the Leagues EXTRA email today:
- La Liga prep…
- Standout stats in Spain…
- First game on Thursday…
Your free guide to the standout stats in Spain…
This week we’re building up to the return of the top-flight football in Spain.
With La Liga restarting this week, and aiming to complete the 2019/20 season by the end of July, it’s great to have another top European league back in our weekly coverage.
We’ll be continuing our coverage of the German Bundesliga, too. Italy’s Serie A is also set to return next week. As are both the Premier League and Championship in England…
- Our members-only Across the Leagues website carries stats for all of those leagues, with every team covered, and Head-2-Head home v away stats comparisons for each round of games. Find out more here
La Liga games every day…
The first game back in Spain is the Seville derby, with Sevilla v Real Betis on Thursday night.
That match triggers a daily stream of fixtures in La Liga. With the schedule including games on Friday, Saturday & Sunday, then into next week with Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday all booked in for action…
Before the first match-days in Spain, we’re building up to kick-off by taking stock of some of the top trends on show in La Liga so far this season…
TOP TRENDS - GOALS
Here are some of the highlights from the dedicated La Liga zone on our members-only website:
UNDER 2.5 GOALS
Two teams stand top of our La Liga leaderboard for Under 2.5 Goals payouts this season, with matching 74% overall records – and even stronger strike-rates on the home/ away form:
- Athletic Bilbao – Under 2.5 Goals in 85% of home games (11 out of 13 games)
- Atletico Madrid – Under 2.5 Goals in 85% of away games (11 out of 13)
The Totals tables on our site show that only Real Madrid have conceded fewer goals in total than those two sides this season.
OVER 2.5 GOALS
At the other end of the Goals spectrum, here are the top performers for high-goals games:
- Villarreal – No.1 overall for Over 2.5 Goals bets, with a 74% record (20 out of 27 games)
- Real Betis – more home Over 2.5 Goals results than any other team in La Liga (86% - 12 out of 14 games)
BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE
Betis and Villarreal are top of the table for goals at both ends, too…
- Real Betis – Both Teams to Score bets have paid out in 13 of their 14 home games (93%)
- Villarreal – overall 74% record for Both Teams to Score
TOP TRENDS – CARDS & BOOKINGS
When it comes to Total Cards and Total Booking Points trends, the ‘Over’ options are what it’s all about in La Liga…
In England, Under/ Over 3.5 Cards is the bookies’ standard betting line for Premier League games, with a division average of 38 Booking Points (3.8 Yellow Cards) per game.
In La Liga, that average rises to 57 pts, or 5.7 Yellows per game. Half of the 20 teams in the division have an 80%+ strike-rate for Over 3.5 Cards.
With the higher line more common in La Liga, the Over 4.5 Cards stats on our site will likely provide the most useful betting guide for Spanish games:
OVER 4.5 CARDS
- Getafe are ranked No.1 in our stats here. A whopping 93% of their league games have gone Over 4.5 Cards (or Over 45 Booking Points). Including a 100% away record of 13 games out of 13
- Leganes also have a full 100% away record for Over 4.5 Cards. And an overall strike-rate for the season, home & away combined, of 89%
- Celta Vigo and Granada are also high up the table for Over 4.5 Cards results, with matching 81% overall records for that bet
Here’s the top of our La Liga – Over 4.5 Cards table, taken from our website:
Get instant access to all our stats here >>
Will we see a dirty derby behind closed doors?
As well as the season stats and averages available on our site, in our weekly Across the Leagues Stats Picks & Analysis emails to members we’ll also be highlighting key stats from our specific weekly research. For example:
- Each of the last 15 Seville derbies in La Liga have gone Over 4.5 Cards – with 7 of them seeing a Red Card
No fans in the ground or not, that stat cannot be ignored when it comes to looking at the betting markets for Cards & Bookings this week, with the Seville v Real Betis derby being the first game back in La Liga on Thursday evening.
We’ll be looking in more detail at the Seville derby on Thursday. To get that advice, join here.
Plus, we’ll be back with your next free ATL Extra update tomorrow, rounding up some of the top players for First & Anytime Scorer bets in La Liga…
See you tomorrow with more standout stats from Spain.
Oliver Upstone & Shaun Humphris
Across the Leagues